NEW LED UV Curing Technology
LED technology is fundamentally a more compact technology than traditional ultraviolet lamps enabling much more flexible form factors. The compactness of LED systems, along with the fact that shuttering and air extraction systems are no longer necessary results in a much smaller footprint for the ultraviolet curing system.
Mercury lamps emit only a certain percent of energy as ultraviolet light. Some of the remaining energy is emitted as infrared light. This can cause surface areas to be cured that were not intended to be cured and over curing of some surfaces. In addition, mercury lamps operate at very high temperatures which can damage heat sensitive substrates. This may restrict the materials used when operating mercury lamps.
An LED based system can offer superior control and stability of output while providing reduced downtime, long lifetimes, and low costs of ownership.
Learn more about how LED UV curing systems from Machinery Solutions Group can improve your productivity and reduce downtime for scheduled maintenance.
- LED UV with air cooled or watercooled options for consistent cooling.
- No warm up time, No cool down time & enhanced substrate versatility.
- LED UV High watt per cm² wavelength output options at 365, 385, 395, 405 nm.
- High output LED Chip technology with dramatic energy savings and payback potential.
- LED UV Curing is VOC free with no ozone generated.
- Significantly smaller footprint than conventional UV.
- LED UV is more energy efficient than conventional UV systems.
- Sheetfed, Web, Flexo, Label, Packaging, Corrugated, Gravure and Industrial Applications.
New LED UV Worldwide Sheetfed Installations Include:
- Komori Model GL440, Komori Model SX29, Komori Model S40, Komori Model G37, Komori Model G29, Komori Model GLX-840RP, Komori Model GX40RP Komori Model GX840RP, Komori Model S29, Heidelberg CD102, Heidelberg XL75, Heidelberg SM52, Heidelberg SM74, Heidelberg XL75, Heidelberg CD74-5-L, Heidelberg CD74-5, Heidelberg XL105-8, Heidelberg XL105-6, Heidelberg XL106, Mitsubishi DC-3000-CT, Mitsubishi D3000, Manroland 700, Manroland 706, Manroland 705, KBA R105, KBA R106, KBA 130, KBA 145, KBA 162,RMGT-928